Posts Tagged ‘better skin’
If you do face exercises, the first improvement you notice would probably be your skin.
You would see a pink glow to your complexion. And overtime, the skin looks fresher and feel more supple.
Here are the key benefits of face exercises for your skin.
- Improve blood circulation around the face, neck and scalp
- Adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients to the skin cells
- Prevent premature break down of collagen and elastin
- Promote skin cells renewal and exfoliation, revealing healthy skin
- Healthy skin absorbs and retains moisture better, staying hydrated
- Skin looks supple with a radiant glow
- Stimulate lymphatic drainage and detox
- Skin looks clearer
- Release tension and stress in the face
- When you feel relax, you don’t frown as much(causing frown lines)
- Minimize fine lines and wrinkles
Hmmm … Some of you might think, these results sound pretty familiar. You get the same results when you go for a facial at the beauty salon.
Absolutely. However, face exercises give you the added benefit of toning your face muscles. Your skin sits on top of the facial muscles. Toned and firm muscles provide a smooth cushion for your skin, reducing the appearance of sagging skin.
Some people are not keen to take up face exercises because it does not give results right away. That is true if you compare exercises to, say, laser skin treatment or chemical peels.
But cosmetic procedures only provide temporary relief to your problem. It does not help to prevent the natural process of aging.
Your face muscles will continue the downward slide as time goes by. And the saggy skin and wrinkles will return. You would need repeated procedures to maintain your youthful, fresh look.
Honestly, we cannot completely stop the aging process. Nevertheless, face exercises can help to prevent premature aging due to face muscles atrophy and muscles slack, and improve the skin tone. It is a proactive way to looking younger and aging gracefully.
As long as you continue with your face workout, you are helping to increase the tone and strength of your face muscles, and this improves your appearance.
If you are looking for a non-invasive method to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, or just want to improve tone and texture of your skin, try exercises for the face.
In the beginning, do face exercises daily to get the best results. It really can be a valuable alternative to laser skin rejuvenation treatments and chemical peels.
Image Credit: AJoelle xo